Project Name: SELMA
(click to open fact sheet and detailed project description)
The biogas plant in Telč was put into operation in 2014. It processes approximately 11 000 tons of animal by-products from agricultural production, 3 000 tons of energy crops and 3 000 tons of waste per year. Hourly production of biogas, which is produced in the digester with a capacity of 2 900 cubic meters, is 120-150 m3. The produced biogas is burned in a cogeneration unit with a total output of 250 kWe.
Generating electrical energy is consumed in the centre of fattening pigs and the surplus is supplied into the distribution system. Heat will be in 2014 in addition to heating the fermentation tanks supplied for the purpose of heating pre-fattening pigs. Own electricity energy consumption of the biogas plant is around 10%, depending on the produced output.
Technology at a glance
- Biogas production: 120 – 150 m3/h
- Installed power: 250 kW
- Digester type and volume (m3): Single-state fermentation: 1x 2.900 m3 digester
- Type of waste used: 11.000 t/year of pig slurry, 3.000 t/year of corn silage, 3.000 t/year dairy sludge
- Amount of waste/raw material used as substrate (t/year): 24.000 t organic wastes
- Operating hours: 8.500 hours per year
External link to further information: www.foodnet.cz
Go back to the Best Practice Examples Overview.